11 / 4 / 2013
We currently have opportunities for Care Makers to attend the following events:
14 May 2014, Learning Disability Action Aware (LDAA) Conference, Bradford City Football Ground, 9am-4pm
10 delegate places available for Care Makers
The conference is designed to give student nurses the confidence to work with the learning disability community. It will provide essential skills which will help student nurses deal with some of the complexities the learning disability community face. Ben Thomas from the Department of Health, Hilary Garratt of NHS England and representatives from the RCN, Mencap and other organisations will be speaking at the event.
This is a national event open to student nurses from Universities across the country. The event has been organised by student Care Makers Sarah O’Donnell, Sian Jackson, Dorcas Lambert and Sam Wallace. Their aim is to deliver an interactive conference which will help develop your skills in this specialist area.
10 Care Makers have the opportunity to attend the event as delegates (please note travel expenses can only be reimburses for those located in the local area).
You can follow the event on twitter @LDActionAware and join in the conversation using #LDAA #LDAA2014.
If you would like to attend this event please email email@example.com and quote the event name in the email subject.
Events recently attended by Care Makers:
- 2 April 2014, Safe Care Shropshire, Telford (6 Care Makers attended)
- 12 March, RCN Stakeholder event Public Health Nursing and Midwifery, Cowdary Hall, London (5 Care Makers attended)
- 3 & 4 March 2014, Health and Care Innovation Expo 2014, Manchester Central (20 Care Makers attended)
- 27 & 28 February, Florence Nightingale Foundation Conference & Gala Dinner (20 Care Makers attended)
- 26 & 27 February, RCN Education Forum National Conference & Exhibition: Partners in practice, Harrogate (9 Care Makers attended).
More events coming soon...
If you want to share details of any events you are involved in then let us know by completing the short form below.