10 / 5 / 2012
Well in excess of 1,000 champions have signed up to the PFD campaign since its launch in November 2011, each pledging to take some action, however small, to help turn the vision of a personal, fair and diverse NHS into a reality.
Speaking about the campaign, the minister said: "The champions are clearly demonstrating their support for the vision of an NHS that is fairer and more inclusive for everybody – an NHS where patients are treated with dignity and respect and where the skills and experiences of employees from all backgrounds are used and valued."
He added, "I look forward to seeing this vibrant network go from strength to strength."
The Minister was joined by:
- Christina McAnea, Unison's head of health
- Dean Royles, director, NHS Employers
- Anne Milton MP, Minister for Public Health
- Claire Armstrong, deputy director of workforce, Department of Health
- Gill Bellord, NHS Employers director of pay, pensions and employment relations at NHS Employers
Speaking on behalf of the Social Partnership Forum, Christina McAnea, said: “We look forward to working in partnership to help embed the campaign across the service.”