20 / 12 / 2011
The NICE clinical guideline on the prevention, identification, assessment and management of excess weight and obesity in adults and children covers:
- how staff in GP surgeries and hospitals should assess whether people are overweight or obese
- what staff in GP surgeries and hospitals should do to help people lose weight
- care for people whose weight puts their health at risk.
- how people can make sure they and their children stay at a healthy weight
- how health professionals, local authorities and communities, childcare providers, schools and employers should make it easier for people to improve their diet and become more active.
Responsibility for undertaking a review of this guidance at the designated review date has passed to the National Clinical Guidelines Centre for Acute and Chronic Conditions (NCGCACC). The National Collaborating Centre for Primary Care is no longer active.
The full guidance document, Obesity: guidance on the prevention, identification, assessment and management of overweight and obesity in adults and children (CG43), can be found here.
NHS Employers supports this guidance through the following information on our website: