NHS Jobs is the online recruitment service for the NHS managed by a team based at Cwm Taf Local Health Board.
It is one of the UK's most popular recruitment websites and every trust in England and Wales is now registered to use NHS Jobs to advertise job vacancies.
NHS Jobs attracts more than six million visits to the website a month and over two million applicants apply for jobs online each year and the NHS Jobs service provides a one-stop-shop for NHS recruitment.
Every NHS organisation in England and Wales is registered to advertise with NHS Jobs, posting around 10,000 adverts between them at any one time. NHS Jobs saves the NHS more than £40million a year.
Making NHS recruitment easier
NHS Jobs provides employers with a range of online recruitment tools including:
- online vacancy advertising and management system, helping the NHS to save an estimated £40 million + per year in recruitment advertising spend and administration costs
- standard online application forms for medical and non-medical vacancies
- the following application manager systems:
- enhanced online shortlisting tools
- pre-application screening questions
- key shortlisting questions
- vacancy analysis activity reporting
- links with Jobcentre Plus, Jobsite and Electronic Staff Record (ESR)
- 'internal only' and 'restricted' vacancies tools
- NHS Jobs Executive service for advertising senior management positions and managing executive talent in the NHS
- candidate profile pools to support newly qualified healthcare professionals.
Realistic job preview for HCA applications
Including a realistic job preview tool is an easy step when uploading adverts onto the NHS Jobs website and is designed to help improve the quality of applicants for healthcare assistant (HCA) posts and reduce staff turnover rate for new appointees.
The preview takes prospective candidates through a number of scenarios and provides information to help them make an informed decision on whether an healthcare assistant (HCA) role is right for them. Find out how to include the preview tool.
NHS Jobs and Jobcentre Plus
To maximise the visibility of job opportunities in the NHS, NHS Jobs vacancy details are usually shared automatically with Jobcentre Plus, although the system is not currently working because of a technical fault. Find out more on our Jobcentre Plus web page.
Provider for NHS Jobs
The online NHS Jobs service managed by the NHS Jobs team based at Cwm Taf Local Health Board and can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the service
The Department of Health has a website with all the information you need to know about the NHS Jobs service, so take a look around.
For further information please email email@example.com