30 / 4 / 2014 Midnight
In this section you will find advice on issues ranging from risk assessment and risk management, through needle sticks and waste management to the safe disposal of infected cadavers and stress.
The Health and safety essential guide also gives access to the content of what was previously called The Healthy Workplaces Handbook and to the Occupational Health and Safety Standards which have been developed by the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Partnership Group (previously known as POSHH).
The health and safety essential guide
Whether you're a board member or senior manager, occupational health or HR professional, line manager or staff member, you'll find our easy-to-use guide invaluable.
Produced with input from the NHS, government, trade unions and public bodies, The health and safety essential guide brings the experts to you. The health and safety essential guide is divided into key topic areas and will help you to:
- access the latest regulations and practice in one place
- follow our practical advice for a safe, healthy work environment
- understand the business case for a healthy and productive workplace
- protect your staff from infection
- successfully handle the sensitivities of stress management
- deal with mental health discrimination
- reduce sickness absence through early intervention
- control safety risks
- encourage good management of occupational health
- implement the recommendations of the Boorman review.
Use the links on the right hand side of the page in the related publications section to navigate the various guides.