Capsticks, with NHS Employers, has produced a suite of resources designed to support the NHS workforce, including podcasts and guidance. Also, see below for latest news updates and upcoming events.
Read a selection of relevant news articles from Capsticks’ website:
01/03/2017 - Trade Union Act in force from 1 March
15/02/2017 - Unmarried cohabitants entitled to receive survivor's pension
31/01/2017 - Major changes to the rules on engaging "off payroll" workers
25/01/2017 - Government publishes guidance on Important Public Services Regulations
23/01/2017 - Employment - bus driver should have gone further to prevent discrimination against wheelchair user
20/01/2017 - Bed blocking unlocked
09/01/2017 - Draft regulations extend access to NHS Pension Scheme to New Care Models
05/01/2017 - What to expect in 2017
Hot topics - listen to the first podcast in our new series where Martin Hamilton, partner and head of employment at Capsticks, discusses culture and behaviour in healthcare workplaces.
- Bullying and harassment - Christina McAnea - Head of Health for Unison.
- Brexit - Kate Ling - Senior European Policy Manager in the NHS Confederation's European Office
Workforce of 2020 - In this series, Kelvin Cheatle, consultant at Capsticks, interviews key workforce leaders to discuss their thoughts on the NHS Workforce of 2020, including the possible impact of devolution and recruitment supply.
- Dean Royles - HR director at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
- Lord Norman Warner - Member of the House of Lords and former Minister of State at the Department of Health.
- Danny Mortimer - Chief executive at NHS Employers.
- Deborah Tarrant - Director of people and organisational development at Barking Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Agenda for change pay scales and points – April 2016
The Agenda for Change pay scales poster has been updated, following the government’s announcement of the NHS pay award for 2016/17.
Original thinking is the new healthcare newsletter from Capsticks created to provide you with an insight into some of the issues currently affecting the health sector together with our analysis on how these could impact upon your daily work.
No events currently planned.