On this page you will find lots of good practice examples from a variety of trusts. These tips will help you see how other trusts have got board members involved, increased staff uptake for the flu vaccine, delivered a campaign that engaged with staff and increased accessibility to the vaccine.
NEW - Good practice guides
The following guides contain tips and good practice from trusts that have delivered a successful flu campaign. To help increase staff uptake of the flu vaccine you can use these ideas as inspiration for the upcoming flu vaccination season.
The 2016/17 CQUIN
CQUIN guides - we have created a guide for finance directors and flu leads, which focuses on flu uptake in frontline staff.
CQUIN webinar - Watch our CQUIN webinar or read the webinar FAQs to learn more about the CQUIN and the impact it would have on this year's flu campaign for staff. We have an expert of panel of presenters who share their knowledge and good practice:
- Jonny Cotton, strategy advisor at NHS England
- Tracy Lees, occupational health and wellbeing nurse manager, Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust and winner of the flu fighter best team award 2016
- Tom Stevenson, head of communications, Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust and winner of the flu fighter most improved award 2016
- Helen Bogan, flu fighter programme lead, NHS Employers
Case studies - Our flu fighter 2015 awards winners
The following teams / individuals are 2015 flu fighter award winners.
1. Case study - best flu fighter team
The South Tees NHS flu fighter steering group sits with us to discuss their campaign in this podcast. This is essential listening for any NHS flu fighter team looking for some guidance and good practice.
2. Case Study - flu fighter carers award winner
Newland Community Pharmacy took part in a pilot to highlight the support to carers in primary and community care settings. They promoted health messages and raised awareness of services available.
3. Case study - flu fighter champion award winner
Stuart Young describes his typical flu fighter day. He takes an interactive approach with the people around him, sparking conversations to understand misconceptions and using twitter to let people know where to find him.
4. Case study - Most improved campaign award winner
With a substantial improvement in both uptake and awareness, Devon County Council's flu team used research, communication and staff engagement to provide a low cost and highly effective flu campaign to their widespread workforce.
5. Case study - Most innovative campaign award winner
Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust (LCH), created a successful digital awareness campaign to increase flu vaccination uptake by using the hashtag #ImmuniseYourSelfie to encourage staff involvement.
6. Case study - Best use of digital and social media award winner
We get the chance to listen to East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust's song and how they got around to making it. The campaign involved a video too, which helped increase uptake of the flu jab amongst staff further.
Learn from the past
We have a further selection of case studies in our archived section.