PHE advice for HCWs vaccination for ages 65+ and under 18 years
Public Health England have issued a statement that relates to information regarding the quadrivalent (QIV) and the adjuvanted-trivalent (aTIV) vaccinations. The document provides recommendations on which of the vaccines should be made available conditional to age group during the 2018/19 flu season.
September 2018 healthcare worker vaccination letter
In September 2018, senior leaders in the NHS wrote to chief executives of NHS trusts to highlight the importance of healthcare workers getting vaccinated against flu. The letter advises how organisations should plan to ensure every staff member is offered the vaccine which will enable NHS organisations to achieve the highest possible level of vaccine coverage this winter.
February 2018 vaccine ordering letter
In February 2018, NHS England and NHS Improvement issued a letter advising that NHS providers should plan to offer the quadrivalent flu vaccine to healthcare workers in the 2018/19 flu season, ensuring the most effective vaccine is available for healthcare workers.
January 2018 reminder letter
In January 2018, a letter to frontline healthcare staff was sent urging staff to take up the option of the flu vaccination.
The letter can be used in conjunction with our clinical evidence document which emphasises the safety of the vaccination and also provides answers to commonly asked questions.
2017/18 flu season letter
The 2017/18 flu season flu letter is now available to use for promoting and boosting the uptake of the flu vaccination among your staff.
This letter has been endorsed by senior leaders in the Department of Health, NHS England, NHS Improvement, NHS England and Public Health England with the aim of encouraging staff to receive the vaccination, and was released by NHS England.
This year’s letter has been endorsed by:
- Professor Sir Bruce Keogh the National Medical Director of NHS England
- Professor Dame Sally Davies Chief Medical Officer
- Professor Jane Cummings Chief Nursing Officer for England
- Susanne Rastrick Chief allied Health Professions Officer NHS England
- Professor Paul Cosford Medical Director for Public Health England
- Dr Kathy McLean Executive Medical Director for NHS Improvement
- Ruth May Executive Director of Nursing for NHS Improvement
- Professor Viv Bennett Chief Nurse for Public Health England