The Health & Care Women Leaders Network is an initiative delivered by NHS Employers and the NHS Confederation.
Formerly the HSJ Women Leaders Network, the network was established in 2015 and has now grown to more than 700 senior and aspiring women leaders working across health and care, with new members joining every week.
The network is straightforward in its outlook. It exists to:
- support women in their careers and their professional development
- recognise the skills and talents of women and their impact across health and care
- raise awareness of barriers facing women in the workplace
- share knowledge, inspiration and motivation from key speakers and focused workshops
- empower women to secure senior and board level positions
- scrutinise and challenge bias against women in the workplace.
The network is made up of women with a range of roles, skills, and backgrounds which adds to the rich diversity of the community.
Whether its hosting an event on mentoring, launching a new report on women in leadership, or hearing from inspiring women such as the UK's first astronaut, Helen Sharman, there is always something to take away from our events in the form of learning or understanding.
The network continues to build its presence socially - engage with @hcwomenleaders and use our hashtag #NHSwomen.
To join the network, fill in our quick joining form.