Our work on Culture Change
In 2014 we launched a project that was designed focus on developing a compassionate culture of care in the NHS using culture change methodology and practice. We wanted to bring together organisations from across the country and work collaboratively across the system.
We worked with ten NHS organisations: five who had made some good progress in developing a compassionate culture and five who were at the beginning of their journey. We provided those organisations with support and help to understand why things work and why things don't when it comes to culture change.
The Culture Change project had three stages.
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Guy's and St Thomas's NHS Foundation Trust
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
- Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
To find out more about the Culture Change tool and app visit www.nhsemployers.org/OD
or email us
and we'll be happy to answer any questions.