11 / 4 / 2014 12.08pm
In 2013, we worked with over a hundred OD practitioners from across the NHS on our seven Do OD project workstreams. We collected a list of ideas, themes, requests and suggestions that people said would make a difference to their OD work. At our July 2013 conference, delegates then put forward their views on where we should focus our energies for the next phase of Do OD, and from this we developed a 'blueprint' for OD across the NHS, which focused on seven key areas.
We are delighted to be able to share our work over the past year with you in our shiny new resource "Doing OD in the NHS Volume 1" We've split all the work done by our project groups leading each area and resources and articles from other members of our network into the seven themes identified. You can see all of the resources under each theme by clicking on the relevant heading below.
Patient centred OD
- How do we build and shape our OD strategies around patients?
- What organisational changes need to be in place to improve quality and safety?
- How do we bring the patient voice into our OD conversations?
Diagnostic tools for OD
- What tools currently exist?
- What gaps do we need to fill?
- How do we help practitioners to understand which tools are good?
- How do we make tools more accessible to our community?
System wide OD
- How do we measure the impact of OD across systems?
- Who are the OD thought leaders in the NHS and beyond?
- How can OD in the NHS impact on wider society?
- How can we connect people?
Developing the OD workforce
Values, behaviours and culture
- What are the skills, competencies, values & behaviours that matter?
- How can we support each others’ development and learning?
- How do you know what development you need?
- What are the gaps we need to fill?
- How do we develop compassionate cultures?
- What’s the role of the NHS Constitution in OD?
- How do we create organisational conditions that encourage openness?
Influencing leaders and boards
- What’s the role of OD in the boardroom?
- How do we calculate OD return on investment?
- What’s the CEO’s role in OD?
- What skills do we need to master?
- How can OD practitioners work best with and influence the board?
OD and talent management
- How do we introduce and develop talent within our organisations?
- How do we define talent?
- How do we share OD talent across the system?
- Where are the gaps in the talent pipeline across the NHS?