17 / 6 / 2014 1.59pm
Patient centred OD is one of the seven Do OD project groups for 2013/14, Its aims were:
- to give clarity, consistency and alignment into how patient voice is integrated into OD practice
- ensure the patient voice is heard and understood; help OD staff understand the importance and provide tools to assist
- develop understanding of how OD work fits in with patient care, and the value of patient voice and its impact
- develop more empowered and competent OD practitioners that contribute to a patient driven and focused NHS
- make OD understandable to the whole organisation.
The group created a case study from Blackpool Teaching Hospital and are embarking on a piece of work in collating balanced scorecards from organisations who are focusing a service, team or activity around patient and service user involvement in OD. They have begun the project with a two case balanced scorecard to showcase at the conference but are looking for other teams and organisations to get involved and complete a blank template.
For more information about how to complete the template, please do contact Fiona Shield who will be happy to guide you through it.