30 / 06 / 2016
This guide provides an overview of the early retirement reduction buy out (ERRBO) arrangement that is available to ambulance service employees who are members of the 2015 NHS Pension Scheme.
The guide contains useful information to support discussions with staff about their retirement planning, including:
- the background and context
- an explanation of what an ERRBO agreement is
- details of the cost sharing arrangement for ambulance service employees
- points for individuals to consider when thinking of taking out an ERRBO
- an overview of the application process and timescales
- frequently asked questions and sources of further information.
Access our flexible retirement hub for further information about the various retirement options available to members of the NHS Pension Scheme.