23 / 9 / 2014 Midnight - 23 / 9 / 2014 Midnight
The NHS Employers organisation held a free national event on ‘Sustaining a Safe and Quality Nursing Workforce’. The event for directors of nursing and workforce leaders took place on Tuesday 23 September in Birmingham.
The event gave attendees the opportunity to:
- hear from national leads on their nursing workforce programmes
- provide feedback that will be used to help shape their work
- listen to examples of practical solutions in our interactive workshop sessions
The morning session speakers were:
- Ruth May, Director of Nursing, NHS England and national lead for safe staffing work programme
- Janice Stevens, Managing Director at Health Education West Midlands and the national lead for the HEE 'growing nurse numbers' workstream
- Speakers from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) and the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) will also attend to share with you their latest thinking and progress on their work in safe staffing and quality.
The afternoon consisted of helpful, interactive workshops designed to provoke discussion and enable you to take away ideas to put into action, including:
- case study presentations from NHS trusts on embedding values into employment practices and the link to safe staffing, open culture and revalidation.
- using technology and changing behaviour
- a legal perspective from Capsticks LLP
Benefits of attending
- provided attendees with key information on the national work currently taking place and planned for the future on this agenda
- provided information on the support that is available for implementation locally
- provided practical workshops so that attendees can work through the challenges in working towards a safe and effective workforce
- enabled attendees to hear and learn from experts in the field and from those who have implemented elements of the support available.
Download the slides from the event
Sustaining a Safe and Quality Workforce - Nursing and HR Event
Using Workforce Planning Tools to Support Safe Staffing