19 / 2 / 2015 10.30am - 19 / 2 / 2015 3.30pm
Chairs, chief executives, HR directors and their deputies, clinical/nurse managers and other managers of reservists within major trauma centres located within NHS trusts.
NHS organisations have a commitment to support the principles outlined by the Armed Forces Covenant with respect to both reservists and regulars. Following the publication in 2013 of the white paper, Reserves in the Future Force 2020: Valuable and Valued, building on the existing relationships between the NHS and the Ministry of Defence (MoD) has been of key importance and will remain so in the future.
Dr Dan Poulter MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary for Health, and Julian Brazier MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State – Minister for Reserves, are supporting the work with the NHS to enable partners to share their experiences and solutions in supporting reservists availability for training and deployment, while understanding service need.
We are hosting a national event specifically for major trauma centres (MTCs) located within NHS trusts, where we will explore the benefits that these staff have brought to your organisation but also understand any issues you have faced with previous deployments, including any pressures/barriers that you may face as a result.
Our main objectives for the event will be to highlight the support available to you locally and give you further information and assurance to support reservists within your workforce.
At the event you will:
- Hear from Rear Admiral Alasdair J Walker OBE, Director Medical Policy and Operational Capability who will highlight what the MoD aims to achieve and the benefits of supporting reservists through the Corporate Covenant.
- Hear from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust who will share their experiences of employing reservists, how they have tackled any barriers they faced and how they have utilised the skills of their reservists and local partnerships with military units to enhance their workforce.
- Have the opportunity to hear from three reservists based at MTCs enabling you to have a greater appreciation of the skills, experience and benefits that reservists can bring to an organisation and how this can be used to improve patient care.
- Learn of the support available through the organisation SaBRE (Support for Britain’s Reservists and Employers).
A draft agenda can be found here.
Previous delegates have commented that:
"The reservist presentations were inspiring as was seeing the macro-simulation video."
"Excellent session, exceeded expectations."
"The event highlighted the importance of identifying reservists and introducing a reservist policy to enhance support."
To book a place at this event please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name (how you would like it to appear on your delegate badge)
- Job title
- Organisation name
- Telephone number
- Any dietary requirements