05 / 3 / 2015 10am - 05 / 3 / 2015 4pm
Please note this event has taken place.
You can view the slides below.
Download the workshop programme.
Download the SAS Charter.
The full slides from the day's workshop can be downloaded here.
SAS doctors (specialty doctors, associate specialists and doctors on closed SAS grades), SAS tutors, SAS associate deans, learning and development leads, medical directors and clinical directors.
The British Medical Association, Health Education England, the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges and NHS Employers are working in partnership to deliver four regional workshops for SAS doctors, looking at professional development and sharing good practice across the country.
The key outcomes of the workshops are to identify career aspirations, to identify barriers and solutions to effective development and to showcase best practice.
At the event you will:
- Hear from Health Education England about the results of a survey into SAS doctor development.
- Have the opportunity to identify barriers and solutions to effective development.
- Take part in a practical session run by the General Medical Council (GMC) on applying for specialist registration through the Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration / Certificate of Eligibility for GP Registration route.
- Hear from the GMC about evolving policy around credentialing.
- Learn about opportunities for SAS doctors in leadership roles in a British Medical Association (BMA) session.
- Hear about local good practice in SAS doctor development from colleagues in the service.
- Have the opportunity to hear from the BMA, Academy of Medical Royal Colleges, Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management and Local Education and Training Boards in a panel session.
- Take part in a practical action planning session.
We conducted a survey of SAS doctors to inform the content of the workshops. The survey is now closed. It focused on current development, career aspirations, barriers and solutions. We are currently analysing the results and will feed them back at the workshop.