13 / 5 / 2015 9.30am - 13 / 5 / 2015 4pm
Please note the change of venue for this event.
Nearly 1000 disabled staff from across the NHS have taken part in a consultation about what it's like working for the NHS as a disabled member of staff.
The free Disability Summit - being held in Leeds during NHS Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Week is an opportunity for staff, those with responsibility and interest in advancing workplace disability equality, and leading system thinkers to join together to hear about the key findings, and help to agree next steps
Our packed agenda demonstrates this will be an energetic, solutions focused day which aims to create space for conversation and constructively challenge our thinking through provocative debate. Confirmed speakers for the day are:
- Mark Shrimpton, Consultant Disability Rights UK
- Dave Thompson, MBE DL, Chief Executive, Warrington Disability Partnership, Centre for Independent Living
- Kate Nash, Independent Consultant, Kate Nash Associates
- Ruth Passman, Deputy Director for Equalities and Health Inequalities NHS England
- Danny Mortimer, Chief Executive, NHS Employers
- Gary Hay, Solicitor,Capsticks
- Kiran Bains, Solicitor,Capsticks
Book your free place now to avoid disappointment - places are limited. In the event of being over-subscribed we may need to limit the number of people who come from any one organisation. We will contact you should this happen and give you a choice of how to best allocate the spaces.
This event is organised by the NHS Employers E&D team in partnership with Disability Rights UK.