13 / 5 / 2015 11am - 13 / 5 / 2015 Midday
This webinar, recorded on the 13 May 2015, introduces LinkedIn as a recruitment tool. It will help you to understand the NHS population on LinkedIn, how this relates to the NHS workforce and details what you can do to start developing it as a recruitment channel. It also provides details of free LinkedIn features and shares examples of best practices.
Chaired by Rachel Thresh, programme lead for workforce supply at NHS Employers and delivered by John Friel, head of public sector for LinkedIn talent solutions the session walks you through the first steps to develop LinkedIn as a recruitment channel.
This one hour recruitment webinar will help you understand:
- how the NHS is starting to adapt to an increasingly social job market
- which parts of the NHS workforce are members of LinkedIn
- how to master the basic free features of LinkedIn and how they can benefit your trust
- how to use employer branding to become an 'employer of choice' amongst your target communities and how to measure this
- how to take your recruitment to the next level and avoid the common pitfalls.
You will leave this webinar ready to maximise your trust’s opportunity on LinkedIn and know what internal resources are required to develop this channel. For those trust’s that are already active on LinkedIn, this webinar will provide confirmation of best practice and insider information on how to improve your recruitment practices.
You can watch this webinar by scrolling to the bottom of this web page.
Copies of the presentation used are also available to download. Alternatively you can read John Friel’s blog post, the basics of using LinkedIn for recruitment, which summarises the key issues discussed.
Don't have time to listen to the whole webinar?
Use our guide to fast forward to the bits that interest you the most.
- Why should the NHS take LinkedIn seriously? Tune in at 7.15 - John talks about the growth of LinkedIn and its potential as a valuable recruitment resource.
- How do you use LinkedIn to find and hire talent? Tune in at 16.32 - learn about employer and personal branding and how to apply the social media marketing methodology on LinkedIn to attract more talent to your organisation.
- Examples of good practice and what can be done to get it right. Tune in at 22.26 - what a good profile looks like and how you could improve yours.
- Engage. Tune in at 32.25 - John talks about keeping your community engaged and becoming the employer of choice in your region.
- Recruit. Tune in at 35.23 - Learn about the search terms to use, how to promote jobs to the best candidates and common pitfalls to avoid in recruitment.
- Questions and answers - listen at 43.31
For further information on how LinkedIn can support the NHS in recruitment, or if you have any queries regarding any of the above and please contact LinkedIn.