The NHS Employers Workforce Summit 2017 will bring together HR directors and workforce leaders to debate topical workforce issues.
During the programme we will be sharing best practice from both within and outside of the NHS, we will also provide tangible solutions to a number of workforce challenges.
Key note speakers
- Matthew Syed an Olympian and author who will discuss safe cultures and learning from mistakes
- John Timpson, Chairman of Timpsons who will share insights on developing good employer brands
We will be holding four topical workshops in the morning which will be repeated again in the afternoon, giving you the opportunity to attend two sessions of your choice from the following:
- Turning the corner on workforce development and supply There are longstanding workforce supply challenges facing the sector, coupled with a focus on increasing the skills of the UK based population, is it time to look at what can be done to turn the corner? This session explores moving from being reactive to proactive and how we can look at local workforce planning and development differently. The session will provide the space to discuss approaches across an STP or health economy, as well as within individual organisations.
- Bending over backwards: are we flexible enough to retain staff? Employers are seeing increasing demand for flexible working. How do we provide this and manage to meet service demands? Hear from cross-sector employers who have successfully tackled this and join the debate on how we create more flexibility in the NHS.
- The 21st Century public servant With greater integration between health and care, learn how local authorities are using research findings to engage citizens on services; recruiting staff with the right values, empowering them to be leaders and feel part of the place they serve, not just staff in an organisation.
- Tackling a wicked problem Further details to be confirmed shortly.
Download the Workforce Summit 2017 programme
Digital technology during the event will allow you to interact and have your say on workforce issues as we drive towards better solutions.
This year the summit has been extended into a full one-day event taking place in the run-up to our new-look annual conference, Confed 17
taking place on 14/15 June 2017.
You can expect a workforce focused, development and networking space, with lots of opportunities to make useful connections.
Who should attend?
The NHS Workforce Summit is aimed at HR directors, HR deputies, medical, clinical and nursing directors.
This year the NHS Employers Workforce Summit is CPD accredited and is worth up to five CPD points. To qualify, simply fill in our form letting us know that you are interested in receiving points and we will send you your certificate after the event.
Book your place
Places cost £269 + VAT, please complete our online booking form to reserve your place.
For all the latest news and information, keep an eye on our website and social media pages including LinkedIn and use #NHSE17
on Twitter to join the conversation.
A wide range of supporter, exhibition and branding opportunities are available for the NHS Employers Workforce Summit. For more information about how to get involved, please download our supporter brochure
or contact our commercial team directly by either emailing email@example.com
or calling 0844 800 5987.
Event contact details
If you would like further information about the NHS Workforce Summit please email firstname.lastname@example.org