On the 18 May 2018 we will be hosting our third Disability Summit which will be the finale of our Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Week 2018.
The summit will bring together policy and decision makers, researchers, practitioners, activists and disabled staff from across the health and social care sector, creating a space to hear the voices of people with disabilities and their experiences of working in the health and social care sector.
We are holding the event in partnership with Barts Health, along with support from Vercida Consulting and the Asian Fire Service Association.
Key note speakers
- Eli Anderson - storyteller and our host for the summit
- Claire Lomas MBE - former event rider, inspirational speaker and author of ‘Finding my feet’
- Jane Hatton, Director of Evenbreak and author of 'A dozen brilliant reasons to employ disabled people'
Also included in our summit line-up will be Barts Health, Vercida Consulting, Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Project Search Team and NHS England.
full programme and timings
- Receive the latest information on the development of the workforce disability equality standard and associated national policy initiatives – such as Disability Confident and the NHS learning disabilities employment programme.
- Celebrate the spirit of people with disabilities who have overcome barriers.
- Share and learn about best practice in the field of employing people with disabilities.
- Be part of an engaging and inspiring event with lots of opportunities to make useful connections.
Who should attend?
This event is primarily aimed at chairs and leads of disabled staff networks, disabled staff, those with responsibility and interest in advancing workplace disability equality and equality leads. We also welcome attendance from workforce leaders such as HR directors/managers, nursing directors and operational managers.
The ticket price is £149 (including VAT)
Help promote this event with colleagues, share our event flyer within your organisation.
If you are interested in exhibiting at the Disability Summit please email email@example.com for further information.
2017 Disability Summit
Find out more about our 2017 Disability Summit which was held at Horizon, Leeds, with over a hundred delegates from across NHS organisations.