10 / 11 / 2017 3.13pm
Thank you for taking part in #jabathon 2017!
#jabathon ran from 6-10 November 2017. Thank you to all the health and social care staff who shared their reasons for having the flu vaccination on social media on the hashtag #jabathon, and nominated two colleagues to do the same.
Here’s some highlights from the week:
- Our #jabathon thunderclap reached over 1 million people
- #jabathon trended in the UK
- Infection prevention nurse Joanne Reynard took over the @NHS account for the duration of #jabathon week
- We released a series of films featuring our flu fighter bug – watch them all below or on Vimeo
- We shared five blogs from leading voices in health and social care who each debunked one myth about flu. They included Jenni Middleton, editor of the Nursing Times, Dr Sara Kayat, GP and TV doctor on ITV’s This Morning, Dr Bruce Warner, deputy chief pharmaceutical officer at NHS England, Dr Zoe Williams, GP and TV doctor on ITV’s This Morning and Karen Johnson, Head of Clinical Quality at HC-One the UK’s third largest care home provider
- We shone the flu fighter bug signal above 8 cities in the UK, calling on all health and social care staff to get their flu jab
- We livestreamed via Twitter from a vaccination session that took place at Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- We released seven new flu posters for jabathon
- Lots of you showed your support by adding a #jabathon twibbon to your Twitter profiles
- We held a tweet chat to debunk flu myths. Catch up on the conversation here
- And finally, lots of you shared your reasons for getting the flu jab throughout the week, see a selection of your tweets here.
Watch our #jabathon film
Our flu fighter bug has been out and about in Leeds to remind health and social care staff that flu can be everywhere. Remember to get your flu jab to protect yourself and others.
Flu fighter 2017: The Series from NHS Employers on Vimeo.