13 / 12 / 2013 2.14pm
The Corporate Covenant is a written and publicised voluntary pledge from businesses and charitable organisations who wish to demonstrate their concrete support for the armed forces community.
The Government is asking all types and sizes of organisations to sign this pledge setting out specific commitments to support the armed forces.
What you need to know
The core statement of commitment in the Corporate Covenant includes the two key principals of the Armed Forces Covenant:
- No member of the Armed Forces community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen.
- In some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate, especially for the injured or bereaved.
The Corporate Covenant includes a range of pledges you may wish to sign up to:
- Promoting the fact that your business is an armed forces friendly organisation, aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day.
- Your organisation seeks to support the employment of veterans young and old.
- Your organisation seeks to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve Forces; including accommodating their training and deployment where possible.
- Your business strives to support the employment of Service spouses and partners, endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment.
- By offering support to our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools, where possible.
- By offering a discount to members of the armed forces community.
You can read more about these topics and how the support contributes to the covenant here.