20 / 1 / 2014 1.12pm
NHS England and Health Education England have commissioned a limited number of places specifically for Care Makers, on the Health Education East Midlands Clinical Academic Research Internship Programme.
This will be open to Care Makers who:
- are currently working within NHS funded care in England and who are registered as a nurse, midwife or allied health professional
- have a strong interest in, and suitability for, a research focused clinical career.
Please note, if you have already completed, or are enrolled on a postgraduate degree, for example a Masters in Research or a PhD which includes training in research, you are not eligible to apply.
What is the Care Makers research internship programme?
The internship is a short, structured opportunity designed to enable a Care Maker considering a clinical research career, to gain mentored learning experience of working within a research environment. It will help to develop their ability to compete for formal research training.
What will this involve?
The internship programme will run from March 2014 until August 2014. Within this timeframe, the intern will be required to commit to 48 days, and will be expected to:
- attend and participate in five mandatory educational days
- attend and participate in five Action Learning Sets
- draft an academic report (3000-5000 words)
- draft a reflective piece (circa 5000 words)
- deliver a presentation on the project during the final education day.
How do I apply?
To apply, you will need to complete the Care Maker internship application form, the closing date for applying is 20 February 2014.
For more information please contact:
Tel: 0116 252 2946