30 / 7 / 2014 2.49pm
The campaign to award internships for the second cohort of the National Care Makers Clinical Scholar Awards has just been launched. This is a fantastic opportunity open to three Care Makers who are interested in developing their clinical academic careers. Applicants will need to be either a qualified nurse, midwife, allied health professional, health visitor or pharmacist.
As part of the programme, which is a joint initiative between NHS England and Health Education England, the Clinical Scholar Bronze Award offers you:
- the opportunity to carry out a small piece of academic research in an area relevant to Compassion in Practice
- 48 days of release to be agreed with your employing organisation to carry out research between November 2014 and April 2015
- a structured educational programme covering searching academic literature, developing a research question and methodology, critical analysis, report writing and presentation skills
- experience in producing a dissertation and delivering a presentation on your research project
- 1:1 mentorship from a highly experienced clinical academic.
The Awards will:
- enhance the Clinical Scholar’s ability to compete successfully for the next stage of the Clinical Academic Pathway
- include a £7,500 grant provided to the clinician’s organisation to support towards backfill and expenses.
What will this involve?
The internship programme will run from November 2014 to April 2015. Within this timeframe, the intern will be required to commit to 48 days and will be expected to:
- attend and participate in five mandatory educational days
- attend and participate in five Action Learning Sets
- produce an academic report (5000-7000 words)
- produce a reflective piece (3000 words)
- deliver a presentation on the project during the final education day.
This is a great opportunity, not only will you get hands-on experience of a research project, writing reports and access to your own mentor; you will also help us deliver the Compassion in Practice programme. We hope that you will seize the chance to get involved.
How do I apply?
To apply, visit the National Care Makers page on the Clinical Scholar website and complete the National Care Makers Clinical Scholar Bronze Application Form. Further information and guidance notes for the scheme can also be found on the website. The closing date for applications is 1 September 2014 and informal interviews will be held on 24/25 September 2014.
For more information please contact Nichola Smith by email email@example.com or telephone 0116 252 2946.