28 / 10 / 2014 2.53pm
The Health Safety and Wellbeing Partnership Group (HWSPG) is looking to gain members who can represent the views and perspectives of managers who manage the health, safety and wellbeing of staff in the NHS.
Formerly known as the Partnership in Occupational Safety and Health in Healthcare (POSHH), HSWPG works in partnership with organisations, including NHS Employers, to produce outputs that improve the health of NHS staff.
Joining the group will give you the opportunity to influence health, safety and wellbeing agenda at a national level, and to work in partnership with a range of organisations to develop and commission guidance, research and other useful materials.
HSWPG is keen to have members who manage the health, safety and wellbeing of NHS staff. Specifically, HSWPG is looking for managers who:
- show a commitment to working in partnership to improve the health of staff, reducing absence due to sickness and protect staff in accordance with health and safety legislation
- are interested in working in partnership at a national level
- can strongly represent views of managers managing health, safety or wellbeing issues in the NHS
- support the delivery of the aims and objectives agreed by the full group
- have a background in management, occupational health, health and safety or HR
- can bring a different perspective to the group, for example a perspective from one of the main protected characteristics (race, religion, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation) in relation to health safety and wellbeing
- can commit to attending four meetings per year (Leeds or London)
For more information
If you are interested in joining the group and would like to discuss more, please contact:
- Jennifer Gardiner, Programme Lead at NHS Employers on 0113 306 3012
- Ruth Warden, Assistant Director - Employment Services at NHS Employers on 0113 306 3022
- James Tracey, Management Group Chair on 0113 206 8572
What is HSWPG?
The Health, Safety and Wellbeing Partnership Group (HSWPG) group, formerly known as the Partnership in Occupational Safety and Health in Healthcare (POSHH), is a sub-group of the NHS Staff Council which meets in a Project and Steering Group capacity four times per year.
Its aims are to work in partnership and produce outputs which improve the health of NHS staff. It includes representatives from the Health and Safety Executive, NHS Protect, Department of Health and NHS Employers. It also has management representatives from a variety of healthcare settings and national representatives from the main unions representing staff in the NHS.
It is accountable to the NHS Staff Council who governs and directs its priorities. The joint management and staff side chairs are required to provide assurance to the NHS Staff Council of progress towards its aims.