28 / 11 / 2014 10.53am
Over 635 tweets came from 79 contributors during the @Flu fighter twitter chat with @WeNurses which explored the uptake of the flu vaccination within the nursing community. The live chat took place on Thursday 27 November reaching over 3.4 million people.
Many questions were asked and answered, including:
- Why do you have the flu vaccination?
- Only 49% of nurses got their flu jab last year, why are some so reluctant?
- What challenges do nurses face in getting the vaccine?
- What would get more nurses to have the jab?
- What is working well in your trust?
Read the full transcript on the #WeNurses web pages.
The chat covered many different views, with vaccination seen as important for staff by many contributors. Some people were unsure of the evidence base for flu vaccination and this generated some interesting evidence sharing. All evidence discussed has been summarised #WeNurses web pages.
If you missed out, don’t worry! You can share your opinions with us anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.