12 / 12 / 2014 3.08pm
Book your free place on one of the NHS Employers and Capsticks workshops to help you understand more about the calculation of holiday pay.
Over the last few months there has been considerable press coverage of various legal decisions regarding the calculation of holiday pay, particularly in respect of overtime, commission and bonuses.
The most recent has been that of Bear Scotland on the issue of 'non-guaranteed overtime'. As a result, there is a number of pending decisions which are likely to impact significantly on this area:
- What does the Working Time legislation say about holiday pay?
- What is the latest legal position and what are the potential implications for employers?
- How should holiday pay be calculated and what additional payments should be included?
- Is there a difference between the NHS contractual agreements and statutory requirements?
- What, if anything, should NHS bodies be doing now to protect themselves?
These workshops - led by our strategic partners Capsticks - will explain and review the recent legal developments and provide practical advice on the calculation of holiday pay for employers. They will be interactive and explore a range of issues which NHS bodies have been asking in light of the recent publicity. They will also provide the chance to agree and share best practice across organisations – and there will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions/with experts from Capsticks and NHS Employers
Book now, the workshops are free, but restricted to HRDs and/or nominated senior HR, payroll and finance staff working for NHS organisations. They will be held in:
- Leeds, Horizon, 2 Brewery Wharf, Kendell Street, Leeds, LS10 1JR - Monday 26 January - 2.30pm registration for a 3.00pm start
- London, 110 Rochester Row, Victoria, London, SW1P 1JP - Thursday 29 January - 9.30am registration for a 10.00am start
- Birmingham, Maple House, 150 Corporation Street, Birmingham, B4 6TB - Wednesday 4 February - 9.30am registration for a 10.00am start
Find out more about the collaboration between NHS Employers and Capsticks on the dedicated webpages.