23 / 1 / 2015 11.17am
Care Makers are invited to take part in a webinar designed to introduce them to the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) new guidance.
The new guidance makes recommendations on individual-level behaviour change interventions, aimed at changing the behaviours that can damage people's health. It includes a range of approaches for people aged 16 and over, from single interventions delivered as the opportunity arises, to planned high intensity interventions that may take place over a number of sessions. The guidance aims to help tackle a range of behaviours including alcohol misuse, poor eating patterns, lack of physical activity, unsafe sexual behaviour and smoking.
The aim of the webinar is to:
- introduce the NICE behaviour change individual approaches guidance
- introduce the themes in the NHS England Five Year Forward View (2014)
- explore the Care Makers role in shifting the balance towards prevention
- start a conversation with Care Makers about how they might be able to help to promote the messages to NHS staff in Care Maker daily activities
- find out what further support/training Care makers may require to be an advocate for promoting the messages in the behaviour change: individual approaches guidance.
Date: 3 March 2015
Time: 3pm - 4pm
Presenter: Jo Johnson, Project Officer (Public Health), NHS England (Nursing Directorate)
Register here for this webinar - you will then be sent a link from WebEx to follow on the day. You will then receive a call back from WebEx by inputting in your telephone number - please ensure you use this option as it is free for attendees.