12 / 2 / 2015 Midnight
The Institute of Health Visiting (iHV) has developed new resources to support the continuing professional development (CPD) of health visitors (HVs).
The new resources include:
This guide for HVs aims to enable them to review their own personal and professional development and consider how best to develop their own practice.
The new CPD tools aim to:
- Ensure adequate and consistent quality of CPD provided for health visitors.
- Enable organisations to benchmark their health visitor CPD provision or to commission training from a suitable provider in specific areas required.
Employers can use these materials in the following ways:
- Use the National Standards Framework to review your current workforce development plans and benchmark these against these standards.
- To provide or commission further professional development and updating for health visitors in line with the standards identified in the National Standards Framework.
- To inform your health visitor workforce about, and enable them to access the Lifelong Learning guide and CPD resources to support their own individual professional development.