25 / 3 / 2015 4.11pm
NHS Jobs has announced a number of planned enhancements to improve the exchange of information between NHS Jobs and the Electronic Staff Record (ESR).
Implementation will be in two stages
to allow the initial ESR interface changes to be tested with NHS Jobs.
The first phase will be implemented on the 30 March 2015 and includes two key changes:
1. Additional application form information that will be sent to ESR, this includes:
to applicant’s contact details
to ten referees
language capability answers
employment history check completed
- date reference check completed.
2. Additional vacancy information received from ESR, this includes:
The second phase will be implemented on the 28 April 2015 and includes two additional changes:
1. Bi-directional update of pre-employment check information, which includes:
- illegal working checklist
- professional registration
- disclosure and barring service checks.
2. Inbound processing from ESR to NHS Jobs, this includes:
- occupational health (inbound only as ESR already has an occupational health bi-directional interface).
A document has been sent to all
NHS Jobs system administrators and recruiting officers detailing the
implementation of these changes and the areas of the system where information
will be transferred or received from ESR.
Find out more about how ESR can support the recruitment lifecycle and read about the employment checks that employers must carry out before recruiting staff to the NHS.