23 / 4 / 2015 3.25pm
Stonewall has announced the top ten healthcare organisations in England. These organisations are committed to improving the health of lesbian, gay and bisexual people. They also recognise the importance of promoting equality and have taken active steps to improve their services for lesbian, gay and bisexual people.
39 healthcare organisations entered this year, including acute trusts, ambulance trusts, clinical commissioning groups, community services, mental health trusts, social enterprise organisations, and independent sector providers. These organisations provide services for patients across all regions of England.
The top ten organisations in England are:
- St Andrew’s Healthcare
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- London Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
= Barts Health NHS Trust
= NHS North, East and West Devon Clinical Commissioning Group
About the index
The Stonewall Healthcare Equality Index is a tool for health organisations to benchmark and track their progress on equality for their lesbian, gay and bisexual patients and communities. It allows health organisations to assess their progress in meeting the health and wellbeing needs of lesbian, gay and bisexual people.
Read and download the index in full and find out more about the work of Stonewall.