15 / 5 / 2015 5pm
Members of the NHS Pension Scheme could receive a tax bill if their total pension savings exceed limits set by HMRC. These limits are known as the annual allowance, which is calculated each year and the lifetime allowance, which is calculated based on savings throughout a members lifetime.
Our NHS employers guide to annual and lifetime allowances is now available and provides more information to enable employers to support staff to understand these arrangements. You can view, download and share the employer guide on our web pages.
The guide explores:
- what annual and lifetime allowances are
- which staff could be subject to the allowances
- what employers need to know
- the implications for employing organisations and
- how employers can support staff who might be affected.
To find out more about the annual and lifetime allowances visit our web page.