25 / 6 / 2015 3.16pm
A new Acas report talks about the way workplaces are organised, the part played by managers and leaders, and how the role and involvement of employees and their representatives is essential to business success.
The Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (Acas) has identified seven levers for workplace productivity. This practical framework explains how workplaces can unlock their potential to be more productive, through:
- well-designed work - jobs and work organised in ways that increase efficiency and make the most of people's skills
- skilled managers - managers with the confidence and training to manage and lead effectively
- managing conflict effectively - systems in place to reduce the likelihood of problems arising and to deal with problems at every stage
- clarity about rights and responsibilities - a working environment where everyone understands their rights and responsibilities
- fairness - employees who feel valued and treated fairly
- strong employee voice - informed employees who can contribute and are listened to
- high trust - relationships based on trust, with employers sharing information at the earliest opportunity.
Find out more from the Acas website.