17 / 6 / 2015 3.51pm
A range of free resources are available to help NHS organisations develop local and national solutions to increase employment of people with learning disabilities.
NHS England and NHS Employers are working together to support and encourage organisations to engage with staff and local communities, starting with:
- building blocks - a starting point for thinking about whether your organisation is a workplace that will attract and retain people with learning disabilities into employment
- personal stories - sharing good practice of experiences from staff and patients in the NHS.
On our employing people with learning disabilities web pages you can find out more about how the building blocks can help you.
Our diverse workforce
NHS organisations need to make the most of the range of talents, expertise and experience of their workforce, and be confident that they represent the patients they serve.
Over the next few months we will work with NHS England to provide you with:
- real-life examples of how to facilitate local networks and peer-to-peer learning to demonstrate where other organisations have been successful
- practical tools and guidance that can be used locally
- support to help organisations understand and use these tools.
Find out more about the Five Year Forward View
, which demonstrates the commitment of the NHS in this important area.