09 / 6 / 2015 5.14pm
Book your free place on one of the NHS Employers and Capsticks workshops to help you understand more about the evolving strategic challenges facing the medical workforce, the medical contract reform agenda, and the changing legal context affecting employers and their medical workforce.
These sessions have been developed to support our engagement activities with employers, allowing us to better understand your needs and explore ways in which we can support you to meet your local objectives. They provide an opportunity for medical workforce leaders to have their voice heard and influence how we respond to the system leaders and national organisations on today’s challenging agenda.
Book your place now to avoid disappointment. Places are limited and on a first come first served basis. You can choose from three locations:
- Birmingham, Capsticks office, Newhall Street, Birmingham, B3 3PU - Tuesday 7 July, 9.30am - FULLY BOOKED
- London, Capsticks office, 1 St George's Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 4DR - Wednesday 22 July, 10.00am.
- Leeds, NHS Employers office, Brewery Wharf, Kendell Street, Leeds, LS10 1JR - Tuesday 28 July, 9.30am - FULLY BOOKED
The workshops will be chaired by Danny Mortimer, chief executive, NHS Employers with support from our strategic partners Capsticks and will cover:
Understanding the key challenges facing medical directors, focusing on:
- the delivery of seven day services
- the five year forward view
- clinical staff management.
Medical workforce contract reform, including:
- contract reform (consultants and doctors in training)
- maintenance of existing contracts and alternative contractual models
- clinical excellence awards (national and employer based awards).
Doctors and the changing legal context, incorporating aspects of:
- maintaining high professional standards
- ‘wilful neglect’ provisions
- duty of candour
- corporate manslaughter rulings.
The workshops will be interactive and explore a range of issues which currently face medical directors. They will also provide the chance to agree and share best practice across organisations – and there will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions of the experts from Capsticks and NHS Employers.
Book now, the workshops are free, but restricted to medical directors, directors of HR / workforce or nominated senior HR, finance staff working for NHS organisations.
Find out more about the challenges that medical workforce planning presents to the NHS. You can also find out more about the NHS Employers and Capsticks strategic partnership.