22 / 10 / 2015 Midnight
Employers are encouraged to have their say on the Health and Care Professions Council's (HCPC) consultation on proposed amendments to its Rules. These include:
- improving the range of online services for applicants and registrants including the ability to register online
- removal of the character reference requirement, replaced with a declaration from the applicant
- ability of Chairs of fitness to practise panels to deal with matters, such as changing the location of a hearing or making decisions about timescales for the exchange of documentation, without the need for a preliminary hearing.
Have your say
The consultation includes five key questions:
- Do you agree with our proposal about electronic communication?
- Do you agree that we should remove the requirement for a character reference and replace it with a self-declaration?
- Do you agree that Panel Chairs should be able to give directions without the need for a preliminary hearing?
- Do you have any other comments to make about our proposed amendments to the Registration and Fees Rules and Practice Committee Rules?
- Do you have comments on our future plans to change the registration cycles for some professions to avoid the summer and Christmas periods?
The consultation document contains more background information and is available to download from the HCPC website.
If you would like us to represent your views, please email your responses to email@example.com by 5 January 2016.
Or you can find respond directly to the HCPC, see their website for details.