02 / 11 / 2015 11.50am
Recognising staff for their contribution to the organisation can have a positive effect on how valued and engaged they feel.
There are many different awards for recognising people and teams such as:
- an award for an individual making a difference
- an award for excellence in service improvement
- an award for staff who go beyond expectations
- equality and diversity award
- customer service award for teams or individuals.
Our latest briefing takes a detailed look at the various types of staff recognition schemes there are and includes a couple of case studies from trusts running successful award schemes.
Staff recognition schemes are a formal way of recognising the contribution of staff and can help to create a positive culture where staff feel valued and engaged by their organisation. These should form part of an overall consistent approach to staff engagement.
Download the briefing, Approaches to staff recognition schemes.