18 / 12 / 2015 2.55pm
The flu fighter team has developed a wealth of new resources this season, all in the name of protecting staff, family, patients and colleagues against flu. Here's what's new this year, in case you missed anything.
New to 2015
- A series of case studies follow the 2015 flu fighter awards winners to inspire new flu fighter campaigns.
- The social media toolkit was launched to help trusts and individuals with their confidence and effectiveness online.
- From the seven areas of good practice, an infographic has been created to help flu teams improve their campaigns.
- The monthly reward scheme was launched in 2015, which highlights good practice campaign activity, and the winners receive limited edition flu fighter badges. You can enter the December reward by telling flu fighter HQ how you reward your staff or peer vaccinators to increase flu vaccination uptake.
- #mythbusting Mondays were launched to dispel misconceptions about flu by sharing common myths and flu facts on social media.
- We have added more resources for Welsh flu leads which are available as bilingual resources.
- The flu fighter residential care webpage launched earlier in the year, and contains bespoke guidance and resources the residential care setting.
Results so far
- In January, we'll be launching the 2016 awards nominations - so keep an eye on the news feed and twitter.
- Last week, Public Health England reported that 44.1 per cent of frontline NHS staff have had their flu jab. However, if we compare that to last year, it's a small drop in uptake. Flu experts have warned that more workers need to take up the vaccine to help protect themselves and vulnerable patients this winter and help save lives.
- If all of that wasn't exciting enough, take a look at Blackpool Hospital's flu fighter team in their Aga choo video.
As always, we'd love to know how you are getting on during the Christmas season, so keep us up to date by tweeting us at @NHSflufighter or join in the conversation with #flufighter.