14 / 1 / 2016 12.08pm
Healthcare Science Week runs from 11- 20 March and NHS Employers is keen to promote your planned activity.
The week is a fantastic opportunity for organisations to promote the wide range of NHS healthcare science careers, as well as the vital role healthcare scientists play in around 80 per cent of patient diagnosis and treatment.
How your trust can get involved
You can encourage your healthcare science workforce to start to think about what activities they would like to take part in and how they can work together across specialisms to promote their work. It is especially important to encourage science leads to book out time in busy clinical diaries as soon as possible, to ensure there is sufficient time to plan and make the week a success.
If you need some inspiration, take a look at what took place last year in our 2015 activity calendar and visit the Health Careers (previously NHS Careers) website to download their helpful guide for trusts.
What can your organisation do?
- run a promotional stand in your hospital foyer
- visit schools and colleges to talk about science roles, entry routes and career opportunities
- invite school and college students to participate in work experience in your trust
- display various healthcare science resources, including our poster in busy areas to help highlight the range of careers and interesting facts about the profession
- use social media to promote the activity in your organisation and don't forget to take some photographs for our Storify round up which we will publish at the end of March.
You can find out more information about science careers and healthcare science week in our promoting healthcare science as a career section.