21 / 1 / 2016 Midnight
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust has been given star performer status in the 2016 Stonewall Workplace Equality Index (WEI) Top 100 Employers.
The nine organisations announced as star performers have consistently demonstrated their commitment to creating inclusive workplaces.
A total of thirteen NHS and healthcare organisations feature in this year’s Top 100. More than 400 organisations took part in the 2016 Workplace Equality Index, the highest number in its 12-year history. The list is a powerful evidence-based benchmarking tool used by employers to assess their achievements and progress on lesbian gay bisexual and transgender (LGBT) equality in the workplace.
The results are a great achievement for the NHS and reflect the excellent work within the service. It also shows that more NHS trusts are now using and engaged with the Equality Delivery System (EDS2) assessment framework.
The number of NHS organisations in the Stonewall Top 100 Employers 2016 climbed from eleven to thirteen this year, and it now includes:
- Metropolitan (eight)
- Golden Jubilee Foundation (29)
- Essex Community Rehabilitation Company (30)
- OXLEAS NHS Foundation Trust (32)
- Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust (46)
- London Ambulance Service NHS Trust (46)
- North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (46)
- Cardiff & Vale University Health Board (50)
- St Andrews Healthcare (58)
- Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (72)
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (72)
- Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (86)
- Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (97)