23 / 2 / 2016 Midnight
Does your trust employ a reservist or a member of the armed forces community? Now is your chance to apply for the Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme gold award. Past winners, such as Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, were offered the opportunity to receive their award in a ceremony at 10 Downing Street and receive website logos and collateral to display their excellent level of support.
In order to be nominated for the gold Employer Recognition Scheme award, your trust must satisfy the following requirements:
- proactively advocate and support defence, communicating their commitment both internally to employees and externally to the wider community through established policies and examples of support
- are positive to all service personnel during recruitment
- enable reservists to fulfil their annual training and mobilisation commitments and demonstrate significant support for cadet instructors, armed forces veterans (including wounded, injured and sick) and military spouses/ partners
- must be nominated for a gold award by a third party using the online nomination form
- collect their award at a prestigious national event, receive gold logos to display and are themselves displayed on the list of Employer Recognition Scheme award winners
- are required to sign the armed forces covenant and employ at least one individual from the covenant category that the nomination emphasises
If you would like inspiration for how to meet these requirements, take a look at our case studies or for more information visit the Defence Relationship Management webpages.
The deadline to be nominated is the 30 June 2016, so if you feel that your trust meets these requirements then please get in touch at email@example.com and we can look at putting your nomination case together.