03 / 2 / 2016 5pm
-Nominations are now closed for the 2016 flu fighter awards-
The annual flu fighter awards celebrate the success of flu teams across England and Wales, and recognises all of the efforts that have gone into local flu fighter campaigns. Teams and individuals are being invited to find the category that most suits them and enter.
If short-listed, English teams will be invited to attend the flu fighter awards ceremony, which will be held in Leeds, on Tuesday 22 March 2016.
Flu fighter Cymru has its own dedicated Welsh flu fighter awards which will be held in Cardiff on Wednesday 16 March.
The awards up for grabs this year (for both England and Wales) are:
- flu fighter champion
- best flu fighter team
- #flufighter award for digital and social media
- innovative flu fighter campaign
- most improved flu fighter campaign.
The English awards also have two extra categories:
- flu fighter carers’ award
- flu fighter residential care award *new for this year*.
To nominate an individual, your trust or a flu fighting team, you will need to show:
- what has been achieved
- how/ what has been implemented
- the impact the team/ innovation had on the campaign.
The word limit for nominations is a maximum of 500 words. You can apply for the awards that most suit you by visiting the:
Please contact the flu fighter team if you need any further information or guidance.