07 / 3 / 2016 Midnight
Throughout February, flu fighter held its annual evaluation and planning workshops. A total of 70 flu leads attended the events, which took place in London, Birmingham and Leeds.
The workshops were a good opportunity for
flu leads to network and share good practice and common challenges. The sessions were facilitated by the flu fighter team, who focused on the seven areas of good practice infographic and
practical tools to help trusts with evaluating their 2015/16 campaigns and planning for next season.
Discussion topics from the day:
- how to evaluate in a busy part of the trust
- the importance of getting support from the board to the ward
- how to get buy-in from communications teams, and why they are important;
- rewarding staff and peer vaccinators in innovative ways
- general barriers and challenges in local campaigns and how to address them
- sharing good practice.
Discussions from the events will help to inform the materials and support needed for the next flu season. If you would like any further information about the events, or if you attended and would like to feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org.