11 / 3 / 2016 Midnight
From hospital foyer events to open evenings, NHS organisations up and down the country have begun to inspire the future workforce during Healthcare Science Week, which kicked off today.
It's not too late to tell us what you have planned and feature in our busy activity calendar. Don't forget to take lots of photographs and use #hcsweek in your social media activity to ensure you feature in our Storify summary.
Benefits of getting involved
There are many advantages to getting involved in healthcare science week, including:
- helping to inspire and secure your science workforce of the future
- encouraging students and young people to understand the importance of the healthcare science workforce in patient diagnosis and care
- demonstrating the various careers and entry routes available
- helping young people understand how they can use their educational interests and qualifications in science in the NHS
- promoting the NHS as an exciting place to work filled with opportunities.
- Use our handy poster to display in busy areas and highlight some of the opportunities available along with key interesting facts.
- Visit Health Careers for a variety of information and resources, including their helpful guide for trusts.
- Visit our 2016 activity calendar to find out what other organisations have planned and how they will be celebrating the week.
For more information on Healthcare Science Week visit our web pages