29 / 3 / 2016 11am
Military March comes to an end this week following a month-long celebration of the NHS Reserve Forces. Following on from the resources launched during Military March 2015, where we had reservists share their experiences of being in the military and the NHS, this year we focused on the managers’ experiences of employing reservists. Each week we launched a new guide for managers, which covers the key stages and queries that managers of reservists are likely to encounter, as well as sharing your stories and tips for best practice. Read the details below to find out what we have done and where you can find out more information.
- A blog from Rebecca Warren, who talks about her nursing journey throught the military and NHS.
- Listen again to the webinar we held on 11 March 2016, which focused on how the NHS can learn from the processes and skills developed during the Ebola crisis in 2015.
- A suite of scenario-based managers guides specifically focusing on the mobilisation of reservists. Our guides cover the call up, operational tour and supporting your reservists returning to work.
- Blogs from Flt Lt Helen Trudgeon and Nick Medway on experiencing mobilisation in different roles and environments.
- Our mobilisation planner can help you to successfully manage this process by setting out the key milestones and timescales you will need to plan for.
- Read our scenario-based managers guide to find out how you can support your employee if they are taking part in training activities or attending their 'annual camp.'
- Blogs from Corporal Rochelle Gopee and Second Lieutenant Richard Cumpsty on their experiences of annual camp and training at the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst.
- We held our webinar 'Delivering capability through training - treating Ebola in West Africa' webinar where senior members of the military and the NHS shared how the Army Medical Services developed innovative and ground-breaking training solutions which were instrumental in tackling the Ebola crisis in Sierra Leone. The webinar will be available to 'listen again' in the coming weeks.
- A brand new website structure giving you all the information and resources you will need to support members of the Reserve Forces within your workforce.
- Blogs from LAC Paula Colclough and Mark Pickett about their experiences joining the Reserve Forces.
- A managers guide with all the information and signposting you will need to support staff who have recently joined or who are thinking of joining the reserves.
- A tailored resources library with dedicated resources for HR, managers, reservists and external links.
We held a social media campaign called #ReservistsReady highlighting NHS organisations’ public commitment to supporting the Reserve Forces. Many trusts shared photographs of their reservists with a member of their board and/or their line manager including the statement ‘We are #ReservistsReady’.
For more information on support reservists within your workforce visit our dedicated web pages.