18 / 5 / 2016 12.09pm
Bills that impact on the NHS workforce were announced today (18 May) in the Queen's speech at the state opening of parliament.
The Queen outlined 20 bills in the House of Lords, including:
- continuing with plans to deliver NHS services over seven days
- introducing legislation to ensure overseas visitors pay for the health care they receive at public expense (to be confirmed)
- new legislation to ensure businesses have the infrastructure they need grow, to support more apprenticeships and create more jobs
- introducing a soft drinks industry levy to help tackle childhood obesity
- better mental health provision for criminals in the criminal justice system.
The full speech and further detail is available on the gov.uk website.