The Secretary of State for Health, Jeremy Hunt, has written to the Chair of the NHS PRB providing a remit for the consideration of Agenda for Change pay in 2018/19.
The letter outlines the following:
- The government has adopted a more flexible approach to public sector pay to address areas of skills shortages and in return for improvements to productivity.
- The NHS PRB should continue to consider affordability when making its recommendations.
- In the 2017 Autumn Budget the Chancellor of the Exchequer provided additional funding for Agenda for Change pay awards as part of an agreement with Agenda for Change trade unions to boost productivity.
- NHS Employers is asked to continue exploratory talks with Agenda for Change trade unions with a view to the unions obtaining mandates to negotiate a multi-year agreement.
- The NHS PRB's recommendations will be informed by the outcome of talks with Agenda for Change trade unions.
View the letter on our NHS Pay Review Body web page.