Nominations have now opened for the 2018 Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme awards, which recognise employers for their support to the Armed Forces community within their workforce.
NHS organisations can show public commitment to the Armed Forces on either a committed level for the silver award, or an advocate level for gold. Organisations can self-nominate for a bronze award at any time during the year to show intent, however the silver and gold awards only come along once a year.
How to be nominated
Each of the nomination forms, including a breakdown of the criteria and details of the award process, can be found on the Ministry of Defence web page.
To be nominated, a third-party organisation must complete the online form and provide supporting evidence onor before 15 March 2018 for silver, and 15 April 2018 for gold.
Good examples of supporting evidence include:
- A copy of the nominated organisation’s HR support policy for members of the Armed Forces community.
- Screenshots of marketing collateral promoting a defence engagement event hosted or sponsored by the organisation.
- An article in the media about the organisation’s support for defence.
- A letter to the chief executive of another organisation encouraging support for defence.
- Screenshots of social media posts of campaigns conducted by this organisation (for example, for Armed Forces Day or Reserves Day).
- Captioned photographs of events showing the organisation’s commitment to defence.
NHS Employers is here to support and can also apply on your behalf. If you feel that your organisation meets the criteria requirements, then please get in touch at ArmedForces@nhsemployers.org.
If you would like further information about the scheme visit our supporting the Armed Forces in the NHS dedicated web pages and resource library of case studies.