Public Health England (PHE) has published a new infographic tool to raise awareness of issues relating to work, worklessness and health.
The new resource, Work, worklessness and health: local infographic tool presents local employment data alongside corresponding regional and national values. for each of the following areas:
- Employment rates
- Long-term jobseekers allowance claimants
- MSK conditions
- Employment gaps for learning disabilities, long-term conditions and mental health conditions
- Employment issues for people aged over 50
- Local spotlight on young people
- Local spotlight on sickness absence
The tool also provides points for discussion and reflection in order to explore the local context, along with directing to external documents for further information. Employers can use this resource to assess their local community, and target their organisational health and wellbeing strategies accordingly.
To access the tool, visit the PHE website.