Download our free social media toolkit for the NHS, which contains all you need as a communications lead, team or organisation to embed social media in your organisation. Set your objectives, develop a strategy tailored to your organisation and get started on the first six months of your social media journey.
A social media toolkit for the NHS
The toolkit follows a six stage process to help you formulate your social media strategy in under two hours. The toolkit will:
- provide you with a framework to help you decide if using social media is right for your organisation
- give you a selection of social media template policies and processes, to save you time writing and updating your own
- showcase some ‘thoughts on’ key areas of social media practice.
Worksheets to help you write a tailored and effective strategy
Complete the worksheets that accompany the toolkit to help you:
- identify your drivers to use social media
- align you social media objectives to your organisation's objectives
- map your online stakeholders
- plan you resources and content.
Policies and processes to get you started
The appendices section will provide you with all you need to start embedding social media in your organisation. These sample social media processes and policies include:
- a social media policy to use with your external service users
- internal policies for your organisation covering HR, IT and crisis situations
- sample social media process flow charts on how to handle media enquiries, complaints and crisis situations
- questions to consider when responding to complaints, media enquiries and organising a crisis response.
Introductory podcast by Dean Royles
Listen to the podcast here.